Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry
God has given every individual in the body of Christ unique gifts and abilities; because we are stewards of the gifts, it is important to cultivate them to their fullest potential. Urshan College’s biblically grounded Christian Ministry program seeks to facilitate the development of thinking and learning strategies, interpersonal skills, creativity, as well as allowing the flexibility to pursue a variety of ministry options. Furthermore, the Christian Ministry Department will work to empower students preparing for graduate studies and life-long education.
The Christian Ministry program will help educate, equip, and empower the graduate for life and servant leadership by:
- Achieving a demonstrated competency to articulate Christian beliefs and Apostolic distinctives.
- Providing interpretive and exegetical skills related to the biblical text and knowledge of a Oneness Pentecostal hermeneutic.
- Cultivating spiritual formation in community, integrating academics and Christian service through a Spirit-filled life.
- Empowering a growing facility in specific foci, such as bible, pastoral ministry, children’s ministry, youth ministry, or other self directed foci.
- Achieving a demonstrated competency to critically contextualize scriptural truths in a variety of settings, such as in interpersonal relationships, writing, speaking, and in creative use of media.