Urshan College recognizes that God has called and gifted individuals in widely diverse areas. No matter the educational or vocational goals a student chooses to pursue, a strong Apostolic foundation is crucial. This certificate program focuses on establishing Apostolic identity, developing a mindset of servant-leadership, and honing the call to Kingdom service, also including:
- Articulate a foundational understanding of Apostolic theology
- Apply the practical teaching of Scripture to daily life; and
- Commit to pursuing God’s purpose through servant-leadership.
The Certificate of Apostolic Studies will educate, equip, and empower the student for life and servant-leadership by aiding in:
- Articulating an Apostolic identity grounded in Scriptural principles.
- Demonstrating servant-leadership as the model for Apostolic life.
- Developing the student’s call to Kingdom service through mentorship.
Required Courses (17 Credit Hours)
- PRTH103 Apostolic Life and Servant Leadership
- PHIL103 Hermeneutics of the Word and the World
- SYTH101 Introduction to Pentecostal Theology
- BIBL103 NT Literature
- BIBL101OT Literature
- HUMN101 Survey of the Arts in Christian Worship OR PRTH101 Spiritual Formation
Suggested Courses for On-Campus Students (14 Additional Credit Hours)
- EDUC101 College Success OR PRTH105 Apostolic Calling 2
- COMM102 Communication Skills
- ENGL101 English Comp I
- SOSC201 Marriage & Family OR LEAD101 Judeo-Christian Perspectives on Leadership
- HIST 302 Modern Pentecostal Movements OR MISS301 Mission of the Church