Certificate of Apostolic Studies
Urshan College recognizes that God has called and gifted individuals in widely diverse areas. No matter the educational or vocational goals a student chooses to pursue, a strong Apostolic foundation is crucial. This one-year certificate program focuses on establishing Apostolic identity, developing a mindset of servant-leadership, and honing the call to Kingdom service.
The Certificate of Apostolic Studies will educate, equip, and empower the student for life and servant leadership by aiding in:
- Developing the student’s call to Kingdom service through mentorship.
- Articulating an Apostolic identity grounded in Scriptural principles.
- Demonstrating servant-leadership as the model for Apostolic life.
After successfully completing the Certificate in Apostolic Studies, students will be able to:
- Articulate a foundational understanding of Apostolic theology.
- Apply the practical teaching of Scripture to daily life.
- Commit to pursuing God’s purpose through servant-leadership.
Required Courses (17 Credit Hours)
- PT103 Apostolic Life and Servant Leadership
- PH103 Hermeneutics of the Word and the World
- ST101 Introduction to Pentecostal Theology
- BI103 NT Literature
- BI101OT Literature
- HU101 Survey of the Arts in Christian Worship OR Spiritual Formation
Suggested Courses for On-Campus Students (14 Additional Credit Hours)
- ED100 College Success OR PT105 Apostolic Calling 2
- CO101 Communication Skills
- EN101 English Comp I
- SO201 Marriage & Family OR OL101 Judeo-Christian Perspectives on Leadership
- HI 312 Modern Pentecostal Movements OR ST412 Mission of the Church