Fall 2020 Application Deadline Extended to July 1, 2020. Please note the financial aid and scholarship deadlines are still May 1, 2020.
Institutional Financial Aid
Any questions you may have about financial aid at Urshan College can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional financial aid may be available from numerous sources including the student’s home church or district, benevolent associations, private and public charitable funds, and various governmental bodies.
How to Apply for Scholarships
- For students who are applying for enrollment as a new student, the entire enrollment application must be received by the College office by May 1 for the Fall Semester and November 15 for the Spring Semester.
- All who are applying for Urshan College scholarships must have the Scholarship Application completed by May 1 for the Fall Semester and November 15 for the Spring Semester.
- A $500 deposit is required before any scholarship can be awarded. (This $500 may count towards the student’s down payment for the semester.)
- Successful applicants will receive an award letter with an enclosed acceptance form postmarked by June 1 for fall applicants and December 31 for spring applicants. The acceptance form must be signed and returned, along with the $500 deposit, to the Registrar’s office by August 1.
- If a student is eligible for multiple scholarships, he/she must choose which to receive as only one may be awarded to a student.
Urshan College Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and consistent good character and spiritual conduct. Scholarships are applicable to tuition costs only.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Only one scholarship may be awarded per student, but students may apply for all for which they are eligible.
- Recipients must reside in campus housing.
- Applicants must carry a full-time academic load at Urshan College or scholarship will be prorated.
- Newly matriculating applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Returning students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible for renewal of scholarship
- Students placed on academic probation will forfeit the scholarship for the next semester. Students may reapply for scholarships once they have been removed from academic probation and achieved a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Only completed scholarship applications will be considered.
- New students must have completed the entire application process for admittance into Urshan College in order to be considered for a scholarship.
- Placement on disciplinary probation may be grounds for forfeiting scholarship funds.
- Scholarships are credited to the student’s account at the beginning of each semester with ½ credited in the fall semester and ½ credited in the spring semester of each year.
- Scholarships may not be deducted when determining the down payment.
- If a student withdraws from the College during a semester, all scholarship funds for that semester are forfeited. If withdrawal occurs during the fall semester, all scholarship funds are forfeited for the entire year. Exceptions may be considered when involving an approved leave of absence.
- Returning students must have completed both academic and financial registration during the registration period and completed new grant applications before the May 1 deadline.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 toward the applicant’s down payment is required with the award acceptance form by August 1 for a scholarship to be awarded.
- Faithful tithing could be a factor when determining awards.
- Student’s account for the previous semester must be current.
- Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the Scholarships Committee.
- A limited number of scholarships will be awarded for high SAT/ACT scores. The Scholarship Committee will make awards based upon SAT/ACT score, high school and college GPA scores, recommendation letters, etc.
- Eligibility for the ACT/SAT scholarship will be determined based upon the highest composite score reported at the time of enrollment.
- The yearly scholarship award is prorated according to ACT (Composite) or SAT (Combined Math & Reading) scores as follows:
- ACT 26/ SAT 1170-1200 – $500 towards yearly tuition
- ACT 27/ SAT 1210-1230 – $1,000 towards yearly tuition
- ACT 28/ ACT 1240-1270 – $1,500 towards yearly tuition
- ACT 29/ SAT 1280-1310 – $2,000 towards yearly tuition
- ACT 30/ SAT 1320-1350 – $2,500 towards yearly tuition
- Late applications by new students may be considered, but any ACT/SAT scholarship granted will be subject to significant proration of funds.
Program Director’s Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to returning students with a record of leadership and academic excellence within their degree program.
- The applicant must be recommended for the scholarship by the program director responsible for the applicant’s major area of study. The director of general education may recommend an applicant from any major.
- The applicant must have earned a minimum of 12 credits from Urshan College.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- The applicant must have an exemplary disciplinary record while attending the College.
- The applicant must meet all of the general eligibility requirements for an Urshan College scholarship.
- In conjunction with the mentorship component of this scholarship awardees must work 10 hours per week in the office of the Program Director awarding the scholarship.
- This scholarship provides $2,500 for one academic year.
Apostolic Legends Scholarship
Each year a limited number of students will be awarded an Apostolic Legends Scholarship which awards up to $1,000 for the academic year.
- In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must submit a 500-word essay to the scholarship committee at email@example.com. Essays should explain the definable mark that an Apostolic elder has left upon their life and how they intend to pass on the same apostolic commitment.
- This scholarship is renewable based upon the student’s academic, spiritual, and social record at Urshan.
- A new 500-word essay must be submitted each time you reapply for an Apostolic Legends Scholarship.
How to Apply for Tuition Discounts
- To be eligible for a tuition discount, you must be full-time, with the exception of the Spouse Tuition Discount, the Missionary Discount, and the Oneness Pentecostal Pastor and Assistant Pastor Discount.
- The total tuition discount per student must not exceed 40% of tuition (with the exception of the Missionary Child Tuition Discount and the Spouse Tuition Discount).
- To renew a tuition discount for a following academic year, a student must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Tuition discounts are limited to eight semesters per student.
- Placement on disciplinary probation may be grounds for forfeiting tuition discounts.
- If a student withdraws from the College before the completion of the school year, the full amount of the tuition discount for that academic year is forfeited.
- Failure to obtain an approved Leave of Absence before withdrawing from the College terminates the student’s eligibility to renew tuition discounts.
- Accounts from previous semesters must be paid in full to receive a tuition discount.
- Tuition discounts are credited to the student’s account at the beginning of each semester with ½ credited in the fall semester and ½ credited in the spring semester of each year.
- Tuition discounts may not be used as part of the down payment.
Offers of Tuition Discounts or Scholarships to Prospective Students
Any Discount or Scholarship offer to a prospective student by an officer of Urshan College is to be construed as an invitation to apply for the scholarship the officer reasonably believes to be available given the facts known at the time. Such an offer cannot be construed as a guarantee or warranty of funding. Proffered financial incentives are voided if the prospective student fails to meet any eligibility or application requirements.