AA in General Studies Program
The General Studies program of study at Urshan College is designed to provide students with an Apostolic spiritual and academic environment providing biblical and general education concepts and skills that they may use as they continue their education at another institution.
Students who complete the General Studies program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a biblical worldview and analytical thinking skills.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Integrate biblical and general education concepts and skills to be a servant leader in personal, professional, and ministry settings.
- Utilize the fundamentals of general studies to continue their education.
BA in Christian Ministry Program
God has given every individual in the body of Christ unique gifts and abilities; because we are stewards of the gifts, it is important to cultivate them to their fullest potential. Urshan College’s biblically grounded Christian Ministry program seeks to facilitate the development of thinking and learning strategies, interpersonal skills, creativity, as well as allowing the flexibility to pursue a variety of ministry options. Furthermore, the Christian Ministry Department will work to empower students preparing for graduate studies and life-long education.
The Christian Ministry program will help educate, equip, and empower the graduate for life and servant leadership by:
- Achieving a demonstrated competency to articulate Christian beliefs and Apostolic distinctives.
- Providing interpretive and exegetical skills related to the biblical text and knowledge of a Oneness Pentecostal hermeneutic.
- Cultivating spiritual formation in community, integrating academics and Christian service through a Spirit-filled life.
- Empowering a growing facility in specific foci, such as bible, pastoral ministry, children’s ministry, youth ministry, or other self directed foci.
- Achieving a demonstrated competency to critically contextualize scriptural truths in a variety of settings, such as in interpersonal relationships, writing, speaking, and in creative use of media.
BA in Organizational Leadership Program
The Organizational Leadership program at Urshan College is designed to assist in fulfilling the need of supplying trained leaders dedicated to positively impacting their organization, community, and world. The Organizational Leadership program commits to offering students courses and experiences that formally and informally educate, equip, and empower them as servant leaders to contribute to the success and development of their organization, church, and community.
The organizational leadership program will contribute to educating, equipping, and empowering the graduate for life and servant leadership by:
- Developing the student’s appreciation of how trained leadership of human resources contributes to organizational success.
- Analyzing the interrelationship between leadership and management and how they complement each other in organizational success.
- Equipping the students to synthesize the components of values, mission, vision, strategic planning, ethics and diversity into a framework for organizational success.
- Enhancing knowledge, skills and competencies applicable to organizational leadership.
- Cultivating a commitment to personal development, relationship development, and the development of others within the organization for the furtherance of organizational development.